Bingo is a game that has always been down to chance, and now that the game is played online that’s still very much the case.
In the old-fashioned way of playing bingo, you could see the basket of balls being whirled at the front of the bingo hall and the way they were pulled out at random. Today, though, when you play online at a site like bgo.com/bingo, you can’t see how the numbers are chosen for the calls during a game.
However, you know that the results are random, thanks to the random number generator (RNG) technology that’s used in every online bingo game at bgo and other sites such as Gala and Cheeky Bingo. It’s what gives players reassurance that the online game is a fair one.
With the knowledge that whether you win or lose is down to chance, you may be wondering what strategy there is to talk about when it comes to playing bingo online. Although you can’t predict the outcome of any bingo game, there are certain tips that you can use to optimise your chances of winning. Here’s how.
- Choose to play at quiet times, when many of the rest of the bingo playing population is doing something else. For example, early mornings are often quiet times on most bingo sites.
- Play games that have lower prize values. People are often most interested in the games with the biggest prizes. If fewer people are playing the smaller games, you stand a better chance of not having to share a prize with other winners.
- Don’t be fooled into thinking that more cards per game will increase your chances of winning. You know that the potential to win is always small – so spread your luck across a number of different games, rather than ‘putting all your eggs into one basket’ and playing multiple cards in one game.
It’s not just about winning, it’s how you play the game
The other key strategy to adopt when playing bingo is not to focus on the possibility of winning all the time. Part of the point of playing a game of chance is to have fun while you’re doing it, never mind how the result turns out. Focus on the fun side of the game, and if you then happen to have a win, it will be a nice surprise.
- Enjoy the company of other players and spend time in the bingo chat rooms. You can enjoy the progress of the game you’re playing with others who are playing the same game. Share in the excitement and be ready to pass on big congrats if anyone you’re chatting with wins – it could be you next time!
- Allow yourself to be distracted – you never know where it may lead. As bingo games online don’t require you to do any more than buy a ticket, this frees you up to play the chat games or side games on the site at the same time. While you may not win in the bingo game you logged in to play, you might end up winning a prize on an entirely different game that you had no intention of playing.